Best Creativity Videos from Ted Talks

I've been searching various creative videos and articles to give a presentation on creativity in my company and I found out these resources, hope it is helpful...Opening joke, my legs are tired, because I've come to this place, I've actually come on the bike, but on the backstory is that I've not walked so my legs cannot be tired.

1) The surprising habits of original thinkers | Adam Grant (Ted Talk)



The points that I took from my presentation :

  • Comparing the failure rates of creators(who created the market) and improvers(who improved on the ideas of the creators)
    • 47% failure rate for creators and 8% failure rate for improvers.
    • For example, Facebook came after MySpace and Friendster
    • Google came after Yahoo and Altavista.
    • Finishing quote "To be original you do not have to be first, you have to be different and better"
2) Creative thinking - how to get out of the box and generate ideas: Giovanni Corazza at TEDxRoma



  • Convergent and divergent information.
  • What is needed to make a good presentation?
    • good speakers, theme and grand settings - convergent information
    • Apply divergent modifier to this convergent information
    • one is to exaggerate, to bring it to limit
    • having this presentation in a theater, more in a stadium
    • how you going to fill that stadium.
    • having this presentation at the halftime of cricket matches. is it good or bad leave for you to assess?
    • Good speakers, we need speeches, we exchange speakers, have even duet.
    • We take away the element of ego when delivering somebody else's speech.
3) 3 tools to become more creative | Balder Onarheim | TEDxCopenhagenSalon




  • Close your eyes and raise your hands who think they are creative, 
  • creativity is not associated with only arts, dance, and music.
    • Solutions: with 3 straight lines, one straight line by increasing the width of the pen stroke.



Few honorable mentions, that I didn't use in my presentation
    • Your elusive creative genius | Elizabeth Gilbert


    • Do schools kill creativity? | Sir Ken Robinson

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 7

    Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 1

    Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 2