Story of a School without a Building Chapter - 2

Read previous Chapter Here

Boy : What do you mean, what I need first?
Man : What do you need first?
Boy : Well I need water
Man : So you need to learn, how to get water.
Boy : But that's easy, I'll get it from the nearby well.
Man : Good then go and get it.
Boy : Ok

He goes away murmuring, and comes back after fifteen minutes with water in a broken plastic bottle.

Boy : Here I got the water, now can you teach me to read and write?
Man : Is that you need first?
Boy : Yes.
Man : Well the first thing you need to know about reading is that there are symbols defined by humans, that they will mean something, each symbol has its own value or meaning, so if you want to read you just want to know what that symbol means, i.e. reading.
Boy : That's it?
Man : yes
Boy : But how do I read something like, the thing written on the board for example?
Man : Those symbols are written in English Language, You need to get a book of English, which contains all the symbols and their meanings.
Boy : Don't you have one?
Man : I do.
Boy : Will you give it to me?
Man : No.
Boy : Why not?
Man : Because you are here to learn not me.
Boy : What does that have to do with you giving me the book.
Man : Everything.
Boy : You are just like other people, you just say you're gonna help, but never does.
Man : I never said, I'm gonna help.
Boy : people are right about you, you're crazy...

and he runs away...

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 7

Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 1

Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 4