Story of a School without a Building Chapter - 8

Read the previous chapter here...

Next day both boy and Vikaar return. Vikaar has two poles in his hand.

Vikaar: where to place these?
Man: wherever you like, I'll recommend near my chair.

Vikaar places the poles near his chair and ties the clothing to the pole and sits on it, the boy sits beside him.

Man: Vikaar, what do you need next?
Vikaar: Water, but I do not want to get water, I want to produce it.
Man: Water is present all around us, in form of vapors, we can either take the slow procedure of condensing it or we could harvest it.
Vikaar: How do we harvest water?
Man: By designing everything keeping in mind to harvest rainwater. By building something underground or above ground to store that rainwater.
Vikaar: But isn't it long term?
Man: Yes it is.
Vikaar: don't you have anything we can do short term?
Man: We can dig a well.
Vikaar: But it would take a lot of labor.
Man: Yes it will.
Vikaar: You said we have to design everything keeping in mind to harvest rainwater, what are you planning to design or build here?
Man: I am not planning anything but I do have suggestions for students if they are going to decide to build anything here.
Vikaar: I want a roof over my head.
Man: Than we can build something with a roof, from the resources available.

The boy shows his notebook to the man, man corrects him where he is wrong and gives him the new task.

Vikaar: I understand that you want to teach people, but people won't send their children to someplace that does not even have basic facilities.
Man: I am not here to satisfy anyone.
Vikaar: But don't you want more students coming in the school.
Man: No.
Vikaar: I see.
There is silence for few minutes, then the boy shows the man his notebook, and he again corrects him and gives him another task.

Vikaar: Can you teach me how to get more students in this school?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 7

Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 1

Avtaars (Story of modern Gods) Chapter - 4